Saturday, October 5, 2013

Over the Rivers and Through the Woods

Trey Smith


At the time of this writing (mid-day Friday), I am preparing to go to Ocean Shores for my first overnight in our new apartment. I am undertaking this trip with excitement and trepidation.

On the positive side of the ledger, I miss my wife and my little doggie. Though it has only been 3 days since I saw them last, it seems much longer. It will be good to get up there to help Della with the unpacking process and to cheer up both our dogs who miss each other terribly.

But there is much trepidation as well. I will sleep in a strange place and that tends to mean almost no sleep for me. But I realize I need to get my feet wet in this area because, in a month or so, that strange place will be my everyday reality! So, I might as well get the first night over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.