Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's Up, Doc?

Trey Smith


The question in the title of this post is what I will be asking a neurologist in about one and one-half hours. I am off to see if this neurologist can figure out whether or not I suffer from infrequent psychomotor seizures.

Since I no longer have a car and I'm a Medicaid recipient, a local paratransit company will ferry me to and from my appointment in Aberdeen. I have used this service before, though it has been a few years. To be honest, I probably am more anxious about riding in a vehicle with someone I have never met than I am about meeting a new doctor!

Needless to say, I am also a bit nervous about what kinds of tests will be administered and how many people I will come in contact with. As a person who keeps to myself -- now more so than ever -- I do not relish the opportunity to be around a lot of people. I just hope I can keep my nerves at bay and that I don't have to deal with a panic attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.