Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bit by Bit - Chapter 6, Part 2

Trey Smith

However, there is a difficulty. Knowledge must wait for something before it can be applicable, and that which it waits for is never certain. How, then, can I know that what I call Heaven is not really man, and what I call man is not really Heaven? There must first be a True Man' before there can be true knowledge.
~ Burton Watson translation ~
Life is uncertain. It often is difficult to know the wheat from the chaff. I think this is as true for the superficial person as it is for the diligent one.

There are times when, on first blush, we claim to perform some action out of a sense of altruism or deep compassion. Later, we question ourselves, "Did I do it for them or me?" It's not an easy question to answer!

To view the Index page for this series, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.