Tuesday, January 8, 2013

All Shook Up

Trey Smith


I have come to the conclusion that I must have some really messed up wiring in my head. I hear and see things that aren't there. I have a great deal of trouble reading other people. I often see an object clearly, but it somehow doesn't register in my brain that the object I am looking AT is the object I'm looking FOR. And then, of course, there are the possible seizures I mentioned in my previous post.

Each one of these issues has to do with the electrical impulses in the brain. My brain seems to misfire quite frequently!!

And yet, a good deal of the time, those electrical impulses seem to fire the way they should. I am a rather intelligent bloke who seems to have the gift of the written word. I can study and analyze things. I have a good memory for facts and figures (but little else).

It just leaves me to wonder WHY my brains misfires so frequently in certain areas. What particularly is mystifying to me are these possible seizures. I can go for several years without a single incident and then, in a manner of a few weeks, have 1, 2 or 3. They go away for several years and then they crop up again.

I suppose it is like a lot of things in this life. We each live with a lot of uncertainty. The not knowing of the when or if can drive even the most sane person a little mad (and I'm not the most sane person to begin with)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.