Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spirit Missing

Trey Smith

As to the future state, the teachings of our tribe were not specific, that is, we had no definite idea of our relations and surroundings in after life. We believed that there is a life after this one, but no one ever told me as to what part of man lived after death. I have seen many men die; I have seen many human bodies decayed, but I have never seen that part which is called the spirit; I do not know what it is...
~ from Geronimo's Story of His Life (1906) ~
For all our advances in science, no one yet has seen or identified this thing called a soul or spirit. You would think that someone, somewhere would have seen it by now AND been able to verify what they saw!

Why is it that we think there is something more to us than our physiological units? It would seem logical -- to me, at least -- that this concept of me, the self, originates in my brain. When the brain ceases to function, the sense of self vanishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.