Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hahaha Heeheehee

Trey Smith


For the next month or so, the Afternoon Matinee will be your home for music and parody. Beginning today, I will be alternating popular songs with "Weird Al" Yankovic parodies. This afternoon we will show Michael Jackson's "Beat It" to be followed tomorrow by Weird Al's "Eat It." This pattern will continue until November 19. On November 20, there will be a Weird Al original song followed by a 6-part Behind the Music look at Weird Al's life and career.

My interest in parodies existed long before Weird Al burst on the scene. I wrote numerous parody plays in high school and I've written dozens of song parodies over the years. In my mind, there's nothing quite like taking a popular song and turning the lyrics on their head!

Also, with the election season in the US coming to its head, I think most of us need a comedic break. Rather than cry at the state of the world, let's laugh at the insanity of it. :-)

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.