Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bit by Bit - Chapter 2, Part 14

Trey Smith


To use an attribute to show that attributes are not attributes is not as good as using a non-attribute to show that attributes are not attributes. To use a horse to show that a horse is not a horse is not as good as using a non-horse to show that a horse is not a horse, Heaven and earth are one attribute; the ten thousand things are one horse.
~ Burton Watson translation ~
How do I justify myself? By justifying myself!

How do I rationalize that whatever I want to do is the best thing to do? By rationalizing that the best thing to do is what my ego wants to do anyway!

I justify and rationalize my life by justifying and rationalizing it.

To view the Index page for this series, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.