Thursday, October 11, 2012

Back Or Not

Trey Smith


At the beginning of this month, I had planned to pick up where I left off in the Tao Bible series (The Gospel of Matthew). I wrote a few of the posts and had them ready to go, but then I changed my mind. I can't even tell you WHY I changed my mind; I simply did.

I guess the best explanation I can offer is that -- for the time being -- I'm just not into it. Maybe I'll get back into it in the future...or maybe not.

One of things I've been working on in terms of my being is not to force that which freely is not coming. That is one of the core messages one can pick up from the writings of Laozi and Zhuangzi. Flow is a mysterious force that we can't independently create. It exists of its own accord. Manufactured flow ain't the real deal -- it is a contrivance.

Since the inspiration behind the Tao Bible series isn't flowing of its own accord, why try to force the issue? What point would it serve? While following through with a project isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can be when we try fake inspiration (i.e., pretend that we are inspired when it's quite evident that we are not).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.