Friday, August 10, 2012

The Four Spiritual Laws

Scott Bradley


Have you heard the Four Spiritual Laws?
  1. Dao loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
  2. You are fallen and separated from Dao.
  3. Dao sent the Buddha to show you the Way to be saved.
  4. If you believe in Buddha, renounce your sinful ways, and dedicate yourself 100% to following His path, you will be saved.
Amen.

Had my friend shared this version with me while I was stoned on LSD, instead of the Christian one, who knows, maybe I would have seen the Buddha instead of Jesus. And, even if no salvation was ever required in any case, at least my belief would have been a lot cooler and more acceptable. Maybe I could have become somebody. Maybe my words would be esteemed and I would be endorsing books. Oh well.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.