Wednesday, July 25, 2012

T.U.D.

Scott Bradley


It seems advisable to make periodic disclaimers regarding what I write here since sometimes I get carried away and may give the impression that I think I know what I'm talking about, or more to the point, live it. So, here's a new and improved T.U.D. (The usual disclaimer).

1) I am not a sage.
I beg your forgiveness for insulting your intelligence in stating the obvious, but it needed to be said.

2) I am not a "teacher".
Admittedly, I presume to 'teach', if by that is meant that I attempt to share a particular point of view, but I have no spiritual authority to do more.

3) Nothing I say here is intended to be a statement of objective truth.
Whatever fantasy I or anyone else may conjure up to help facilitate a helpful and possibly transformative interface with reality, it must, of necessity, remain just fantasy. Truth, in an objective sense, has absolutely nothing to do with the path I follow. It's always just a story.

That should do it. It might also be helpful, however, to say that despite the disclaimers, I do earnestly and honestly sense the transformative potential of this adaptation of Zhuangzi's philosophy. Yet it is of necessity a very personal journey, and thus can only be shared as an example of one such journey, not as a template for others to follow.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.