Wednesday, July 25, 2012

T.U.D.

Scott Bradley


It seems advisable to make periodic disclaimers regarding what I write here since sometimes I get carried away and may give the impression that I think I know what I'm talking about, or more to the point, live it. So, here's a new and improved T.U.D. (The usual disclaimer).

1) I am not a sage.
I beg your forgiveness for insulting your intelligence in stating the obvious, but it needed to be said.

2) I am not a "teacher".
Admittedly, I presume to 'teach', if by that is meant that I attempt to share a particular point of view, but I have no spiritual authority to do more.

3) Nothing I say here is intended to be a statement of objective truth.
Whatever fantasy I or anyone else may conjure up to help facilitate a helpful and possibly transformative interface with reality, it must, of necessity, remain just fantasy. Truth, in an objective sense, has absolutely nothing to do with the path I follow. It's always just a story.

That should do it. It might also be helpful, however, to say that despite the disclaimers, I do earnestly and honestly sense the transformative potential of this adaptation of Zhuangzi's philosophy. Yet it is of necessity a very personal journey, and thus can only be shared as an example of one such journey, not as a template for others to follow.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.