Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tao Bible - Matthew 11:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
~ King James version ~

Therefore the sage takes care of all men
And abandons no one.
He takes care of all things
And abandons nothing.

This is called "following the light."
~ from Verse 27 of the Tao Te Ching ~
The sage (or Jesus) is welcoming. The sage turns no one away. All that is asked of us is to accept the sage for who and what she is: a teacher, a friend, and a role model.

When we are in the presence of a sage, we feel better about ourselves and the world around us -- not because of a sense of prestige or status, but because the sage encourages each of us to embrace sagacity and virtue on our own terms.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

1 comment:

  1. Accept sagacity or their insipid ideology? Nah, you must be more intelligent than that. Tao or not tao? It is not a question nor an imposition. You are as wise or as foolish as the tao or christ or you are godot. Not waiting, just godot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.