Sunday, July 8, 2012

Daily Tao - Some Like To Be Blind, They Like the Chase

Guru: "Here is a metaphor for the answer to life"

Seeker: "Where can I find this metaphor? I must seek and see it with my own eyes, I must touch this metaphor and know it is real"

Guru: (cries softly to herself) "Hmm. Ok, if you must, then walk west until you find yourself"

Seeker: [walks west]

Guru: [sits]

Seeker: [after traveling west for so long returns to the start point]

Guru: "So, have you found yourself?"

Seeker: "I thought I saw the metaphor many times. I once saw a tree that was shaped in such a way as that I thought of the great metaphor and so I cut it down and made a shrine to its stump and a necklace from its fruits"

Guru: "... "

Daily Tao is a reprint from Ta-Wan's blog, Daily Cup of Tao, which offers one post per day for an entire year. You also can read these posts in an ebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.