Monday, July 30, 2012

An Itsy Bitsy Spider

Trey Smith


As the nursery rhyme goes, that itsy bitsy spider crawled up the waterspout. It would have been far better for me if that's where it had crawled! In my case, it crawled up my leg while I slept and bit me just above the left knee. I now have a giant welt that's producing enough heat to make me think there's a glowing ember under the surface of my skin.

Living in a house originally built in 1900 AND sleeping on the floor means that I have run-ins with spiders quite often. It's a darn good thing I'm not allergic to them! If I was, I would be taking my life into my own hands every single night. I would need to sleep in suit of armor to insure no spider bites while I slumber away.

There's no grand moral to this post. I have a very sore and and inflamed leg. Somewhere in the house is the spider who bit me. I just want to put the spider on notice that I'm looking for you and payback can be...well...you better hope I don't find you! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.