Thursday, June 7, 2012

Derivations on a Theme -- Hanging It Up

Trey Smith


I think that almost every person who has authored a blog or website has thought, at one time or another, that maybe the time has come to "hang it up." Over at On Leaving Fundamentalist Christianity, Lorena mentioned this idea in a recent post.
So yes, I’ve been writing about it for six plus years, and I often think I’m done. This is it, I think sometimes. I will post that I’m closing shop and that I’m leaving the archives up for others to learn from my experience...
Have I ever thought about pulling the plug on The Rambling Taoists? Sure, the thought has crossed my mind a time or two. I get into periods in which I wonder if there is anything more to share. I might travel down that roads a ways and then I'm struck by a new observation or insight. As someone who loves to write, this brings me back to the keyboard!

For me, the number of issues, ideas and thoughts a person can blog about are endless. So, as long as Scott, Ta-Wan and I want to write, there will be things to write about. Because of my unique situation -- physical, mental and neurological -- I most likely will continue writing on this blog until that point in which I can no longer write...or think!

This is not to suggest that a blog is the SOLE way for one person to share with others. People walk away from authoring a blog everyday and find new ways to interact. It's just that my social interactions are limited -- by choice -- so this seems to be the perfect vehicle for me.

In other words, I suspect that I only will "hang up" this blog when the time comes to hang up everything for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.