Monday, March 12, 2012

Laid Another Goose Egg

Trey Smith


This afternoon I went to my local hospital for my second attempt at an MRI and, just like before, I laid a goose egg! I didn't even make it through the third phase.

Even though I took my prescribed painkiller PLUS I iced down my back for 45 minutes before the procedure, I still ended up experiencing back spasms. The spasms caused my knee to twitch involuntarily which negated the attempts to take a picture of it.

After today's first attempt was aborted, the MRI tech (a different one from last week) worked with me to position additional padding under my back and around my left knee. I really, really wanted to make this work. Unfortunately, about 12 minutes into the 30-minute procedure, my back started in with the spasms and my left leg started to move involuntarily again.

So, I've made two trips to get an MRI of my ailing left knee and neither one has worked out. To say the least, I'm a bit bummed.

2 comments:

  1. Time to put you out or get out the bungee straps. :) sorry you are having so much trouble with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had an MRI done on an injured knee, and just whatever it was the machine was doing caused my knee to start twitching. I was totally relaxed, but the knee jiggled around quite of its own accord.

    Bungee straps - ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.