Thursday, March 22, 2012

Enlightenment of the Heart

Shawn Tedrow


Tao-experienced, is not found through discovering the correct doctrine.

Experiential knowledge of Tao is not realized by thinking our way in.

The receiver of Tao is the condition of the heart.

When the heart is positioned to receive, it receives.

It is not the answer that enlightens; it is the heart of the questioner.

~

Please note; the last line about “it is not the answer” is a spin-off and reconfiguration I did from a quote from Eugene Ionesco.

A special thanks to the inspirational words of Jesus when he said, “Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be”.

[Note: This is Shawn's final post as a scribe at The Rambling Taoists.]

You can check out Shawn's other musings here.

7 comments:

  1. "When the heart is positioned to receive, it receives."

    How to position that heart is part of the techniques and "doctrine" of Taoism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point Baroness Radon. Though it is not a doctrine that enlightens, it can instruct us into a process that leads our heart into being positioned to receive enlightenment. I didn't mean to exclude teachings which it appears that I might have been implying. Again, you have brought in balance to what I am trying to say. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn -- Can you please message me via my blog or maybe you already have my email? I will miss you here.

      Delete
    2. I will miss your voice too. Thankyou for 'speaking'.

      Delete
    3. To my friends that I have never seen but felt your wonderful presence,

      I will miss you all.

      Delete
  3. Whos idea was it for Shawn to leave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sort of a mutual decision (though Shawn may not view it that way). Over the past month or so, he told me on a few occasions that he didn't feel as if he fit in here. I came to agree with him. As the blog's "owner," I made the final determination.

      Delete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.