Friday, February 17, 2012

Tao Bible - Ezekiel 5:15

So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes. I the LORD have spoken it.
~ King James version ~

Tao does not engage in taunting or mockery.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
Christians often ask me how on earth I could turn my back on [the concept of] God. Verses like this one make it easy! In this verse, God appears to be a petulant 8 year old. Descriptions like these inform me that humankind wasn't created in the image of the almighty -- it's the other way around!

Again, because Tao is desireless, there is no reason or need to taunt anyone. You jeer or goad someone to bring about a desired outcome. Tao has no expectations, hence, no desired outcomes.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.