Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tao Bible - Ezekiel 16:10-14

I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk. I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom. And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
~ King James version ~

Tao singles out no one.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
As told in the Book of Ezekiel, a certain group of people were utilized by God as a showcase. His love was poured out to them to show others his power and glory. He bedecked them in all sorts of material signs to show that they were a favored people.

Tao provides the sustenance to all being and non-being. As we are each a part of Tao, how could one form curry more favor than another?

Put another way, everything is beautiful in its own right.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.