Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Not the Indianapolis 500, But...

Trey Smith


On Sunday night, the 500th episode of the television show The Simpsons was broadcast. The show debuted on December 17, 1989 and it appears still to be going somewhat strong.

I didn't tune in for episode #500. In fact, I have never tuned in even to 1 of the 500 episodes. I'm thinking this might, in and of itself, be some kind of a record for an American TV viewer!

I have seen promos for the show from time to time and it simply didn't look like something that would interest me. And so, while much of America has gotten to know the Simpson family on an almost intimate level, I have blithely and voluntarily stayed in the dark.

D'oh!

4 comments:

  1. I have never watched The Simpsons either. (But I just love Akbar and Jeff.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google "Akbar and Jeff"..they are Matt Groening's funny little presumably gay couple in the fez's; it was a print strip called "Life Hell." Hilarious in a way I never could find in the SImpson's.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.