Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whited Out

Trey Smith


I'm usually not up at this hour...but we've been whited out, baby!!

When I fell asleep a few hours ago, we had no more than one inch or two of snow on the ground. It now looks like we have 6 - 12 inches of the white stuff and it's still coming down! This is for an area of the country which routinely sees no more than an aggregate of 2 or 3 inches of snow for the entirety of the winter.

The snow is above the bumper for my little car. My wife bought a digital camera last month and so I would love to share some photos with you of this historic weather event. Unfortunately, I haven't seen my wife for two days and probably won't see her until tomorrow or Friday as she is snowed in at work in Bay Center.

On a typical day, my wife would let our Xolo/Dachshund out about now to run down the back steps to do her morning business. This routine won't be kept to today because the snow is deeper than Lily's height! I would be afraid that she would take one step and disappear...never to be seen again until the snow melts.

This promises to be a most interesting day in South Bend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.