Friday, December 16, 2011

Tao Bible - Jeremiah 10:19

Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous; but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it.
~ King James version ~

Tao has no need for melodrama.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
Have you ever noticed that the Christian God is something akin to a drama queen? At times, he reminds me of a Jon Lovitz character on Saturday Night Live: the Master Thespian! Every pause is pregnant and every word is exaggerated for the grandest impact. It makes you wonder if God was a failed actor in a previous life.

Tao has no need for any of this. Tao has no lines. Tao remains offstage and out of camera range!

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.