Monday, December 12, 2011

In response to the status quo. Don't spend time looking, just live.

Ta-Wan


If I sit and meditate every action or possible action, or cause and cause of the cause. Or I do this by scientific exploration, then I will spend so much time. I must then meditate or scientifically explore my exploration, the reason and cause of it. I will spend many lifetimes to explore just one and much of this will be on what ifs and maybes and on explanations of actions whoes only purpose is the exploration itself.

Or, I accept that all is what it is, the action of some mystery of which my seeming to be is a part. This leaves me free to just be and while I am just being I am not caught up by the play of the constructed separate self whoes very looking at is its cause.

Free as such I am free of the problem and the apparent cause. I live life as it appears to be and I die. My life is full as no time was spent attempting to know what can't be known. I live. I don't think about living.

You can check out Ta-Wan's other musings here.

3 comments:

  1. Of course, some people feel that the unexamined life is not worth living, and find joy in their examinations. I suspect it is just a matter of temperment. Cows and cats don't think about living (I think); it is human nature to do so. Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu thought about it. Many thinking people have made contributions to the world, have been creative--which comes from the apparent self--or do you dismiss that?

    Really, I'm trying to understand this: what is your life so full of?

    Also, are you using the word "meditate" here as in "sitting forgetting" or in the sense of cogitating on something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both answers are in the post as is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.