Friday, December 23, 2011

A Great Month

Trey Smith


I don't spend a lot of space writing about football, but this has been a great month for my two favorite college football teams. First, my alma mater (Pittsburg State University) won the NCAA Division II National Championship. Last night my favorite Division I team -- Boise State -- beat Arizona State to finished the season 12 - 1. It also capped the outstanding collegiate career of quarterback Kellen Moore who finished with a 50 - 3 record as a starter, an NCAA record.

I adopted Boise State as my favorite Division I team when I lived in Pendleton, Oregon, in the early 90s. Their starting quarterback at the time was a graduate of Pendleton High School. So, almost everyone in the area wanted to follow his exploits at the college level.

If I had any doubts about Boise being my favorite team, those would have been quelled in 2007 as the Broncos played in and won what I consider to be the greatest finish to a bowl game in the history of college football. They did it with three trick plays (shown below). If you want to see a video of the Overtime period for this game, you can view Part 1 and Part 2 on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.