Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Where were you before your birth?

Ta-Wan

I was an ever ceaseless changing and I transformed to a peopling universing. In which changing form I changed form again and again and I seemed at times to be a separate person.

In this form I noted that all around changes, nothing remains the same. Weather, apparent forms, light becoming dark becoming light, always shifting.

So too this apparent viewer, always shifting, pulsating, vibrating and so it came to be seen: I was still as I'd always been, as before my birth, now as I will be after, an ever changing.

You can check out Ta-Wan's other musings here.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes.
    But who pays your taxes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your personal cosmology, how large is the universe, and how important a part of it is the (relatively) little you, even less so, several years of taxation?

    Focusing on too small a fraction and giving it too much importance will surely distort the view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be sure to use this logic in my next tax audit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha yes :)

    But maybe use the logic on yourself and realize how insignificant your tax audit is to the universe.

    My wifes family just lost their homes to flooding. They are not unhappy though, they know there are people in worse situations.

    Really the personal human story called "me" is not important to Tao. Straw dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never said or implied "my story" was "important to Tao." Nonetheless, I do have a story, and so do you and your wife's family. My point is simply that we still live in this world and experience things. How we choose to react to the situations is the challenge. Understanding Tao improves our ability to respond in a way that makes for a fulfilling life. I'd like to think we are on the same page here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do you wsnt to be on the same page?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.