Monday, November 21, 2011

Tao Bible - Jeremiah 1:9

Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.
~ King James version ~

Tao is beyond words.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
It seems that since the beginning of time, people have wanted to give what they say legitimacy and greater power by ascribing it to someone else who is perceived to be more powerful or authoritative. So, instead of saying, "This is what I think," they turn it into "This is what God commanded me to say!"

None of the Taoist sages ever claimed to speak for Tao because Tao is beyond words! They simply looked at the various manifestations of Tao to try to better understand how the great Way works.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.