Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pop! - Part 8

Pop!
by Ta-Wan


Can we agree that without the what-if’s, and the if-only’s that we’d be much much better off? I’m sure we can to a point but then the mind will sneak back in with some trick. “Oh but I love my partner and my hobbies and, you know, I just love to read a little news and follow some soap operas and, come on, I need to know how my friends are, my family, I have to get to work on time, pay my bills, remember my groceries...”

There is not though an incompatibility here. I’m not saying that the mind is a problem and we must live without it, that would indeed be a little too radical a notion. I’m instead painting the picture so you can see clearly that there is a perfect now, other than for the workings of the mind. So then, you can live in a very happy state as, when sadness is seen, when desire comes along, you can recognize the workings of the mind and let it go.

You can check out Ta-Wan's other musings here. If you'd like to purchase your own copy of Pop! (a small Ebook), visit the Lulu Marketplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.