Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pic-To-Graphs



One of the topics your scribes and contributors have been discussing concerns how to identify our posts to you, the reader. This issue came up because, while we have included bylines for the other four authors, I haven't been including a byline for my posts. The reason for this should be easy to understand. When I started this blog in 2005, I was the only writer!

Now that there are 5 of us, I realized that maybe the time has come in which I need to start including bylines with my posts. However, Baroness Radon offered a slightly different suggestion: Signifying each author's post with an image. So, I am doing an experiment.

As you can see in the upper left sidebar, I have added the Blogger Profile pics for Ta-Wan, the Baroness and myself. Scott doesn't have one, so we will need to "invent" one for him. I'm not sure if Shawn has a profile pic yet or not.

Anyhow, I would like to know what readers think IF, in the future, we signify the author of each post by utilizing a graphic (like I have done above). Of course, many of you may simply prefer a byline. Let us know.

2 comments:

  1. There is a way I can edit the blogger template so that a picture appears in a post based on who posted it. This would also instantly work for all previous posts back to the start of the blog. It would not really work for us though as, while Scott writes a lot, he does not actually 'post' his posts.

    Maybe we should all just keep the img code snippet to hand and do as you've done here. Seems workable and effective.

    We should probably include the link code in there to so that if the authors symbol is clicked it will take people to that tag.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.