Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Daily Tao - Dead Body

An old man who has realised his true self decides in his old age that he would like to let the body finally rest. He informs his daughter of his plan to let the body slip away. His daughter brings food and medicine to his bed side and offers it to him.

He says; “Who is the medicine for? You are trying to keep this body alive so that it may hold me prisoner longer. I know bliss and I know this body is not I. Let me cast off the body now, do not hold up the prison walls. There is nothing left for this body to do, the spirit is happy now to be set free. Live on and keep your body healthy, let this one return.”

Daily Tao is a reprint from Ta-Wan's blog, Daily Cup of Tao, which offers one post per day for an entire year. You also can read these posts in an ebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.