Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Daily 99 Percent Quote

They conditioned me in high school to believe going to a 4-year-university was the proper way to pave my future. I took out loan after loan convinced I’d get a well-paying job after I graduate and it would all be worth it. But here I am now, in my 5th year of university with at least 3 more semesters to go and an uncertain future. With constant budget cuts, increasing tuition, fewer classes, and rising student populations how I am I ever supposed to graduate? I’ve reached my max amount of units allotted (A recent policy my school has adopted to get students in and out as quickly as possible, they’re running a business after-all) and the school is threatening to kick me out. What am I going to do with no degree, 40k in debt and an incomplete education?

I AM THE 99 PERCENT.

~ One of the many messages shared on the We Are the 99 Percent blog which is brought to you by the people who occupy Wall Street ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.