Thursday, August 18, 2011

Odds and Ends

Yesterday Scott Bradley and I (along with my wife) met at the Denny's Restaurant for brunch in the small town of Tillamook, Oregon. It was great finally to be able to put a face to the wondrous writings of his that grace this blog! We learned some more about each other's background and a had a very pleasant time.

I will say, however, that he looked nothing like I had imagined. I tend to be a very visual person and, when I meet someone via email or the phone, I match a face to a person's communication style.

For example, I met a women through some of my activist activities who hails from Vashon Island. For the first several months, my only contact with Maryrose was via email and the telephone. Listening to her voice, I pictured her as looking somewhat like Olympic skater Dorothy Hamill. When we finally met face-to-face, she didn't look a thing like Dorothy Hamill, yet to this day that's the face I see every time we talk by phone!

After yesterday's excursion, I had a great deal of difficulty being able to relax and go to sleep. Though I realize in the overall scheme of things that 250 miles isn't that far, I have only taken one trip of that distance in the past 5 years!

My body tends to tune in to the vibrations of the vehicle I'm traveling in. Consequently, even 6 hours after disembarking from our car, my body continued to vibrate. I'm writing this post on Wednesday evening and, as I sit at my computer tapping away, my body feels as if it is shaking out the wazoo.

The other bit of info I thought I would share concerns a late night visitor on Tuesday. Our cat, Dylan, decided he needed to go out around midnight. As I opened the front door, I heard what sounded like a horse walking in front of the house. Of course, it wasn't a horse; it was a black-tailed deer.

The next morning I discovered that the top of our Pacific Ninebark had been chewed off and the leaves of several strawberry plants were missing. It seems that the deer had stopped by for a midnight snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.