Monday, June 27, 2011

Brace For It

I have been diagnosed with a bad case of tendinitis in my right wrist. My hand and wrist are in a splint-like brace. This means it is far more difficult for me to post things on the blog because I am a one-fingered, right-handed typist. I am v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y typing this post with my left hand.

Because this condition most likely is connected to my Fibromyalgia, I have no idea how long it will last. It may be gone (moved on to somewhere else) by tomorrow or it may hang on for quite a while. Needless to say, until it improves somewhat, I won't post much. It's a good thing I tend to write ahead, so there will be posts for the ongoing series into the near to mid future.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon. In the meantime, you might want to get something like Nuance Dragon installed. It works really well for me (and I get regular RSI problems).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, but it doesn't work with Linux.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I hope it goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typing with one-finger/one hand has probably caused or aggravated the condition. Pianists are prone to tendinitis. Be careful how you stress your left hand. I have a little arthriitis in my right thumb joint which I am sure was caused by improper mouse use and then aggravated by holding a heavy book. There is a little qigong exercise I use for relief; if I can find the video I'll forward it to you. Once you get the inflammation under control, it might help to keep your wrist open and flexible.

    If it is tendinitis, it will be chronic and come and go, like tennis elbow. Takes a long time and then you have to be very careful.

    My sympathies; it makes everything difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.