Thursday, June 2, 2011

America's Best Newspaper

When you think of America's top daily newspaper, what do you think of? Many would say it's got to be the New York Times. Others might vote for the Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago Tribune or the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Not me. In my estimation, the newspaper that covers US news the best isn't even located within our shores! My vote goes to the Guardian of the UK.

I don't know how many times I have read an important article in the Guardian that I cannot find in a timely manner or at all in any of this nation's supposedly leading newspapers. Vital information that is important and imperative for us to know again and again is kept from our inquiring minds.

For example, in Tuesday's edition is a story about Sen. Bernie Sanders' proposal to lessen the cost of many pharmaceutical drugs. After reading it, I performed a quick search on Google News to see which US news outlets had picked up on this important issue over the past 2 days.

Want to guess how many US newspapers and news organizations are reporting on Sanders' proposal? Zilch. Not even one. And we are the people who would benefit the most!!

Crazy, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. agreed. on my regular news reading cycle.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.