Monday, May 9, 2011

Inclusion

Inclusion
by Scott Bradley


Yesterday I attended what was called an Earth Liturgy. It was a gathering in which we were led to affirm the world and each other. During a 'meditative' time we were invited to send affirming and thankful thoughts to someone...who has loved and nourished us. But my thoughts had already turned to someone who had hurt me deeply. And I found myself not only genuinely able to send those affirming and thankful thoughts to that person, but greatly enriched in doing so. And this was just one more thing to be thankful for.

Hurt and pain can be gifts in themselves, for they can teach us the art of inclusion as perhaps no other experience can.

The more we include in our thankfulness and affirmation, the richer we are.

Maybe I should write for Hallmark. Please excuse me while I express my sailorhood: %*@!#$! Ah, that feels better.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.