Friday, May 13, 2011

I Can Relate

For the last day or so, Blogger has been down. Late Wednesday night the Blogspot team performed some routine maintenance and, during the process, something went wrong. Initially, we were told there was a "slight" problem and the service would be back in business shortly. But "shortly" kept stretching out and, before we knew it, most of an entire day and more had been lost.

I'm sure that this malfunction will cause many to declare that Blogger is unreliable and serve as the impetus to move to a different platform. Me? I'm not going anyplace. For the most part, interruptions of this nature have been few and far between. The vast majority of my time on Blogger has been stress-free and it works as advertised.

Besides, I easily can relate to this situation. There have been numerous times in my life when I performed routine maintenance or decided to tweak something slightly and then all hell seemed to break loose. I figure that it goes with the territory and, with millions of blogs in the world, I sincerely am surprised that this sort of situation doesn't happen with greater frequency!

So, I sit here writing this post in Leafpad (a Linux equivalent of Windows Notepad). When the Blogger team is able to track down the offending snippet of code -- it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that one character was out of place -- or another cause, fix the problem and then restore the vitality to millions of blogs, I will be able to post this.

Until then, I will find something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.