Friday, May 6, 2011

Derivations on a Theme - God Must Really Hate Me

In the comments section of the post, Let's Talk About Sin, at Fallen From Grace, Hoo Boy wrote,
Homosexuality is the unnatural copulation of like-sexed beings. Simple observation shows it is against nature as it does not lead to procreation. It is against the God-ordained order and is clearly ungodly and bad...
Of course, I have seen and heard this rationale countless times before. Homosexuality, we are told, is wrong because queers who have sexual relations can't make babies.

If that is the sole criteria for deciding what is godly and ungodly, then the Christian God must really hate me!! I can't play a role in making babies either.

Due to my genetic mutation (Klinefelter's Syndrome), my body doesn't produce sperm or, to put it as one of my doctors put it to me three decades ago, I shoot blanks!! I could copulate 24/7 and no babies ever will be born as the result of my activities.

And here's the operative part: God made me this way (if you buy-in to the "God" thing)!

Why would he do that? Why make a creature who can't procreate IF the inability to procreate makes one ungodly? This would seem to indicate that God -- who supposedly loves me -- wants me to be ungodly.

If he wants me to be ungodly, then how can he love me?

I think God needs a psychiatrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.