Friday, March 4, 2011

This Project: A Disclaimer

This Project: A Disclaimer
by Scott Bradley


If you are reading this, there is a good chance that you are a ‘seeker’ of some kind. I certainly am. I began this project of seeking a way to inner peace about 4 years ago because I had none. It remains a project. But although this peace still largely alludes me, I am having more and more fun seeking it. Maybe the old cliché is right, it’s the journey that counts, not the destination.

Why is this about me? Well, because I write ‘spiritual’ stuff here and I think it best that you know something of who this particular ‘me’ is. No need for specifics. I am your fellow pilgrim. I am not Zhouzi — I am the monk fighting in the garden.

I write this stuff to teach myself. I teach myself through pretending to teach you. There is no truth on offer here. I am not a sage. I trust that you know that. Of course you do. Only I would have you know that I know it too.

I suspect that each of us must find his or her own unique way to inner peace. This way of mine, in any case, is being born out of who I am, and I am my own special mess. But I also believe that we can still inspire and encourage one another. And so, I write here what inspires me, thinking that it might sometimes likewise inspire you.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the sharing of inspiration through questions and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it too. I also find the fact that you live on a boat in the Sea of Cortez pretty freakin awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want. We may respond...or we may not. It depends on the mood and preferences of the specific author of the post. Ta-Wan generally responds in a timely manner. Trey responds some of the time and Scott rarely replies (due to limited internet access). You can be assured that all comments are read by this blog's two administrators: Ta-Wan & Trey.