Friday, March 4, 2011

This Project: A Disclaimer

This Project: A Disclaimer
by Scott Bradley


If you are reading this, there is a good chance that you are a ‘seeker’ of some kind. I certainly am. I began this project of seeking a way to inner peace about 4 years ago because I had none. It remains a project. But although this peace still largely alludes me, I am having more and more fun seeking it. Maybe the old cliché is right, it’s the journey that counts, not the destination.

Why is this about me? Well, because I write ‘spiritual’ stuff here and I think it best that you know something of who this particular ‘me’ is. No need for specifics. I am your fellow pilgrim. I am not Zhouzi — I am the monk fighting in the garden.

I write this stuff to teach myself. I teach myself through pretending to teach you. There is no truth on offer here. I am not a sage. I trust that you know that. Of course you do. Only I would have you know that I know it too.

I suspect that each of us must find his or her own unique way to inner peace. This way of mine, in any case, is being born out of who I am, and I am my own special mess. But I also believe that we can still inspire and encourage one another. And so, I write here what inspires me, thinking that it might sometimes likewise inspire you.

You can check out Scott's other miscellaneous writings here.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the sharing of inspiration through questions and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it too. I also find the fact that you live on a boat in the Sea of Cortez pretty freakin awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.