Monday, March 14, 2011

It Was Only a Matter of Time

We can't see the connections here. Now look, I'm not saying God is, you know, causing earthquakes. Well -- I'm not saying that he -- I'm not not saying that either.

God -- what God does is God's business, I have no idea. But I'll tell you this: whether you call it Gaia or whether you call it Jesus -- there's a message being sent. And that is, 'Hey, you know that stuff we're doing? Not really working out real well. Maybe we should stop doing some of it.' I'm just sayin'.
~ Glenn Beck as quoted by Media Matters for America ~
To be honest, I was expecting Pat Robertson to be the first one to come out with this usual gobbledygook, but I guess Beck decided to beat him to the punch. I'm simply shaking my head...

5 comments:

  1. Which "stuff we're doing" was he talking about? Building nuclear power plants in dangerous terrain, or at all? Or gay marriage?

    There are "messages", lesson really, in all this, but probably not what Glenn Beck wants to hear. I can't listen to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids were younger, my youngest used to convey his irritation with his own lego building skills by destroying his older brother's creations. Fortunately now he's a little older and he can simply hurl verbal abuse instead.

    Is the message here that God is a child. That God can't communicate properly and is therfore reduced to these sorts of antics?

    ...and before you all start accusing me of sacrilege, think about how sacreligious your own assumptions of God's communication capabilities are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw God. We're F---ing things up just fine all by ourselves.

    Grown ups with imaginary friends are really annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a kid I lived in Utah, and the Boy Scouts was taken over by Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS Church). This, so called religion, practices underage polygamy, they send the boy s off on missions to divide the underage sisters umong the dirty old men of the clan. Now when these underage girls get pregnant, these same dirty old men, send them to the state to get their welfare checks . You should see some of the palace homes that are paid with welfare checks. By the way this is the newest religion that was created right here in United States of America, I guess their also in AZ, NM, TX, NV, CO, OK. Someone should ask Glenn Beck about it, he seems to have all the answers.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iisl-xH3Xs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baroness,
    Who knows what Beck means. :-D

    Gavin,
    Good point!

    Thurman,
    I'm with you!!

    Montana,
    To be honest, I had never heard of the FLDS Church before. I thought regular Mormons were fundamentalist enough by themselves! Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.