Friday, February 18, 2011

Tao Bible - Psalm 18:40-42

Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me. They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but he answered them not. Then did I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I did cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
~ King James version ~

A good winner is not vengeful.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
The author states that God delivers our enemies to us, so that we can crush them.

When we seek to annihilate others, we create never-ending conflict in the form of resentment. The defeated looked for ways to avenge their loss. If we treat the defeated with respect and justice, we create the opportunity for healing.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.