Monday, February 14, 2011

So?

For those of you reading the posts on The Book of Chuang Tzu, I was wondering if the Burton Watson translation makes the text easier to comprehend. Personally, of the various versions I've read thus far, Watson's is one of my favorites.

As I've mentioned before, I tend to schedule the posts of the various series several days ahead and so I'd like your input today as I need to get to work parsing and formatting Chapter 5. So, the question is: Do you have a preference between the Legge and Watson translations?

Let me know in the comments section. If those of you reading along have no preference, I think I will switch over to Watson's version.

3 comments:

  1. Stick with Watson.
    Legge's Romanization is archaic, and so are some of his interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll defer to baroness' suggestion. Especially since I agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you started with legges translation, i think you should stick with it, or, conversely, offer both translations, for consistency's sake if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.