Monday, February 7, 2011

The Simple Way, Part 61

The Simple Way
The Life & Teachings of Zhouzi
by Scott Bradley


Once, when the garden was everywhere full and ready for harvest, the community awoke to find it had been invaded by a murder of crows. Forgoing the assembly, they all ran out to save what they could. Later, when they assembled in the hall, an elder monk spoke and said, “Often have I admired these crows in wondrous flight and it grieves me now that I have attacked them with stones!”

“We have done as we must,” replied Zhouzi, “for the world is thus. And today I was reminded, I am also a crow.”

If you're interested in reading more from this series by Scott Bradley, go here. To check out more of Scott's writings, please visit TRT's shadow blog and look in the Table of Contents in the left sidebar.

1 comment:

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.