Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Voices Along the Path XXIV

Gosh, it's been 4 months since my last installment of introducing you to new links added in the Taoist Wanderers section in the right sidebar. So, without further adieu, here they are!

Adventures of a Rebel Taoist (added on 10/16/10)
Hi, my name is Jane Alexander. Welcome to my blog. Why ‘Adventures of a rebel Taoist’? I practice Taoist esoterica, I’m a bit of a rebel and I am posting about my adventures.

With Taoism, you have basically three branches. Religious, philosophical and esoteric. Esoteric Taoism is essentially mysticism. My training in the mystic school of Taoism consists of Taoist meditation, yoga, chi kung and nei kung. I am a student and occasionally teacher of Taoist meditation. Although I have practiced some Fire Path methods, I am most experienced with the Water Method of stillness and letting go. What is my experience with Taoist meditation and what qualifies me to teach it much less talk about it? (You'll have to visit her blog to find out!)


Everyday Tao (added on 1/15/11)
David James Lees is an experienced multidisciplinary therapist, Chinese medicine practitioner, ordained Taoist Master, philosopher and broadcaster. David enjoys supporting people from all walks of life on their journey to rediscover their 'authentic self' and reach their true potential. He has a proven track record in helping and healing individuals suffering from emotional issues such as stress, anxiety, depression and phobias.


Faithful Doubter (added on 1/15/11)
Once a frightened radical, now just confused.


Notes from the Outside (added on 12/29/10)
What you read here on this blog are the thoughts and ponderings of a 27 year old guy as he tries to figure things out on this journey of life. Some are more personal than others. Some are poems, some are poetic thoughts, some are serious-minded essays, some are angry rants. I like to read and write, not big on 'rithmatic though.

I consider myself a philosophical person, always interested in looking more deeply into things. I don't consider myself part of any sect or religion; I was raised Catholic, but as an adult am very drawn to Taoism and Zen. Still, I am open to many thoughts and traditions. In practical terms, I also very much respect and accept what science is showing us, though have a feeling there is somehow more to it than their "dead universe" view of things. (This has become one of my favorite blogs!)


Practically Taoist (added on 10/16/10)
I've always had a passing interest and familiarity with Taoism. I don't remember how old I was when I first saw the harmonious symmetry of the well-known "yin-yang" symbol. I've taken t'ai chi and yoga classes at various points in my life. I've listened to guided meditations and even suspected I could feel qi on several occasions. But in all of these instances I was just been dabbling with Taoism. I wasn't investing energy or focus on trying to find the path. The Path.

I think that was at least in part because it didn't seem like something attainable. How could I bring this ancient, respected wisdom into my typical modern life. I just don't have the time to retreat to a cloud-scraping mountain top to spend a few years in a mystic trance - and that's obviously the only path to understanding and practicing Taoism. (Sadly, this blog hasn't been updated for quite a long while.)


Silent Tao (added on 10/16/10)
The authors of Silent Tao study, practice and teach traditional Chinese culture.


Shawn Cartwright has over 25 years of experience training and teaching the Chinese internal arts of Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Qigong. These arts include Ba Gua, Xing Yi, Tai Chi, Wing Chun, Fukien White Crane, and Kai Sai Kung Fu. He loves teaching, training, and sharing what he learned studying Chinese culture. Mostly he loves the Chinese women, wine, and Alchemy.

Yinong Chong, PhD, is one of the foremost interpreters of the traditional Chinese esoteric arts in the US and China. She has the rare ability to make these ancient teachings accessible and meaningful for today’s practitioners. She is practitioner and instructor of Qigong, Tai Chi, and Alchemy.


Taoish (added on 10/7/10)
This is a living document. By that, I mean that I will update this as my path drifts. And it's a vanity piece. Sorry. Sometimes I'm vain.

I can't remember exactly when I stumbled onto my first translation of the Tao Te Ching. I know it was a result of my looking for something older than Christianity/The Bible as a key to spiritual enlightenment. It was probably in the summer of 2008. I was raised in a mostly Protestant fashion and had left church attendance in my late teens. At that point and up until a few years ago I would have described myself as an agnostic.

Currently I consider myself a Philosophical Taoist. I am not a member of any Taoist group and I consider Taoism a philosophy, not a religion. I am opposed to religion in every form that I have come across so far.


The Sage’s Journey (added on 10/15/10)
Welcome to the Sage’s Journey, an ongoing study of the wonders of wisdom. Each week a new essay by William Martin, author of The Sage’s Tao Te Ching, is posted that reflects on some aspect of aging with power, serenity, and joy. The journey is continuing and open-ended. You are invited to jump in at any time, study and reflect for as many weeks as you like, take vacations whenever you wish, enter and leave as you will. There are no tests and everyone passes with an A.

...You Might be a Taoist (added on 10/7/10)
This is about being a Philosophical Taoist, not a Religious Taoist, a positive alternative to Western and Middle Eastern religions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.