Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Super Bowl Predictions

The Super Bowl will be played later today in Texas. I probably won't watch much, if any, of it. While I used to be a sports fanatic in my younger days, I'm simply not half as interested anymore. Still, because it is a big deal for many Americans, I will offer my predictions here.

Prediction #1 - One team will win and the other team will lose.
I'm very, very confident about this one. As to which team wins or loses, I don't really care.

Prediction #2 - One team will live up to the hype and the other team will be said to have "choked".

Prediction #3 - At the end of the game, one city will be sky high and the other will grouse about all the things that went wrong.

Prediction #4 - Sports reporters will ask a lot of worn out questions like "Can you put into words what this victory means to (fill-in the blank - you, the team, your coach, your community, your pocketbook or your cat)?"

Prediction #5 - Once the game ends, the world will be much the same as it was earlier in the day.
No world peace. No progress made on climate change. No rapture. And Glenn Beck will still be spouting nonsense.

Prediction #6 - A lot of people who already have a lot of money will make even more of it by day's end.

1 comment:

  1. Yet strangely, I watched the whole thing. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.