Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't Stay Gone Long, Keith

Last night I sat down to watch "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" just as I do almost every weekday night. However, since I'm still battling problems with my eyes (the issue in my right eye has now spread to my left eye too!), I decided to skip it so I could take a nap. At the time, I didn't think it was a big deal; I would catch up with Keith on Monday.

Little did I know that Olbermann would announce that the show I was skipping would be his last on MSNBC!! For reasons that have yet to be explained, he and network executives decided to part ways with two years left on his contract.

In reading about Keith (who I have followed since his days on ESPN), it has been said that he can be mercurial and temperamental. Some have reported he can be extremely difficult to work with. These assertions may be true (or they may not), but sometimes certain individuals with keen insights and [unpopular] wisdom simply aren't well understood. My guess is that Keith probably fits into this category.

I hope he doesn't stay gone for long. I hope he pops up somewhere soon. While I don't always agree with his analyses -- just like Bill Maher -- he speaks my mind a great deal of the time. He often says what needs to be said, but others won't say.

The man has backbone! He is diligent researcher and a meticulous writer. We need more, not less, people like him on the public airwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.