Friday, January 14, 2011

Crippled Mind

Recently, my brother recommended a book to me: On God: An Uncommon Conversation by Norman Mailer. I've only made it through the first chapter, but it is interesting...in an odd sort of way. I agree with some of Mailer's points; a lot of them though leave me scratching my head!

Here's one snippet from Chapter 1.
Revelation has always struck me as a power trip for high priests who were looking to create a product that would enable them to lead their flock more securely, more emphatically. Their modern-day practitioners quote constantly from Scripture on TV, use it as their guide rail, and run into intolerable contradictions that are guaranteed to cripple their power of reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.