Monday, January 17, 2011

Against War

Over the years, mainstream America has sought to whitewash the legacy of Dr. King. In his last two or three years, he moved beyond solely the fight for civil rights to include economic justice, an opposition to war and justice for all. This sermon was delivered about one year before his murder.

The truths he spoke of then could just as easily apply to Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Yemen today.



Though I don't share King's religious convictions, I do share his dedication to speak out against violence and injustice wherever it is found.

1 comment:

  1. It just cracks me up when you say "whitewash."
    I think you said this last year too.
    I'm craving some nigori gensu sake.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.