Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Ain't So Bad After All

You know, I have decided that Christmas is a-ok. No, it's not that I have been infused with merry holiday spirit. It's more than I am starting to embrace the commercialized aspects of the holiday season! :P

In this dismal economic climate, I've noticed that many of the various sales at area stores aren't focused on the usual useless crap; because so many people are hurting financially, a lot of the sales items include everyday stuff. So, my wife and I have taken advantage of this changing trend to purchase several needed items for our home. For example, one thing we purchased yesterday was a new tea kettle. (Hey, Taoists need to drink tea!)

Of course, IF the economy ever turns around again, I'm fairly certain I'll go back to my typical "Bah, humbug!" attitude. Instead of featuring routine items in the sales ads, stores will return to the time-honored practice of trying to induce average folks to buy this year's chic unneeded junk.

But not this year!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I've had similar thoughts this year. I hope this trend continues after the economy improves.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.