Monday, December 6, 2010

Chapter 5, Verses 7, 8 and 9 - Sun Tzu

There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard. There are not more than five primary colors (blue, yellow, red, white, and black), yet in combination they produce more hues than can ever been seen. There are not more than five cardinal tastes (sour, acrid, salt, sweet, bitter), yet combinations of them yield more flavors than can ever be tasted.
~ from The Art of War, Giles translation ~
Go here to read the introductory post to the verses of The Art of War.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog.

    Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

    I am very much interested in adding http://ramblingtaoist.blogspot.com/ in my blog http://the-american-history.blogspot.com/.

    I am pleased to see my blog in your blog list.

    I would like to know whether you are interested in adding my blog in your blog list.

    Hope to see a positive reply.

    Thanks for visiting my blog as well !

    Waiting for your reply friend !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfred,
    It's nothing personal, but your blog doesn't really fit into what I list in the right sidebar. Generally speaking, blogs in the right sidebar pertain to Taoist, Zen, Buddhist or philosophical themes. There are also a few that are anti-religious.

    I would suggest you try to find other blogs that focus on history and try to get cross-linked there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.