Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tao Bible - Ruth 1:20-21

And she said unto them, Call me not Naomi, call me Mara: for the Almighty hath dealt very bitterly with me. I went out full and the LORD hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the LORD hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me?
~ King James version ~

Tao afflicts nothing.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
In keeping with the way her society views life, Naomi believes that, because her husbands and sons died over a period of years, God has turned his back on her.

Tao is formless and eternal. That which has form eventually grows old and dies. This is the way of life.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.