Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tao Bible - 2 Samuel 22:20-21

He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
~ King James version ~

Tao rewards no one.
~ possible Taoist alternative ~
After winning many a battle, King David sings a song of praise to God. He declares that he was victor because God rewarded him for being a "godly" man.

Tao is not an arbiter. Tao does not reward us when we are "good" or punish us when we are "bad". We create our own rewards and punishments by the way we choose to live.

If you're interested in reading more from this experimental series, go to the Tao Bible Index page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.