Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Annual Lament

Each year at this time, I share my annual lament: Daylight Savings Time has come to its end. Beginning tomorrow, most of us will be plunged into darkness one hour earlier than before. Yuk!!!

As I've written each year before, my dislike of "regular" time is based solely on my own individual sleeping patterns. Since I'm a night owl who slaves away at my computer late into the night and early morning hours, I often don't roll out of bed until late morning - noon. By the time I have gathered my wits about me and I'm ready to navigate the world, there are only 2 or 3 hours of daylight left. About the time I seem to hit my daily stride, the sun's going back down again!

There's nothing I can do it about it, so here's to my new routine of darkness. Whoopee!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks for reminding me. We don't do this in Hawaii but still we have to think about it when phoning the Mainland.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are unmoderated, so you can write whatever you want.